Return to the main page
What started in 1976 as St. Patrick's Day entertainment has evolved into cheerleading and spirit building at the NFL Denver Bronco games. Since 1982, Rocky Brougham has been the Luck Leprechaun at all Bronco home games and five Super bowls.
For thirty one years he has started the earth rumbling stadium wide cheers while wandering the stands. The decibels of noise of Rocky Mountain Thunder have started with this die-hard fan.
Before games, section-by-section, Rocky highlights first time fan visitors, birthdays and newborns. With great announcement these people are singled out and welcomed by cheers. children are always personally visited and over the years hundreds of thousands of good luck stickers have been given out after a "Go Broncos".
During past Super Bowls, Rocky the Leprechaun has personally organized Pep Rallies and Fan headquarters:
- At Super Bowl XXIV in New Orleans, no sponsor Pep Rally was scheduled, Rocky found a location, printed and distributed flyers and thousands turned out for a Pep Rally and parade. That became known as the The Stampede Down Bourbon Street.
- At Super Bowl XXXII in San Diego, Rocky made arrangements at a local sports bar and dubbed it the Official Bronco Fans Headquarters. he promoted it with its location being ideal for big get togethers for out of town Bonco Fans. A Saturday night Pep Rally and another Bronco Fan Stampede down the Old Town Section was the highlight with Rocky leading the charge.
Super Bowl XXXIII was in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale and Rocky was the first there and the only Denver Bronco home fan to greet the Boncos as their plane landed. Rocky went to work finding a location for a Bonco Fans Headquarters and promoted its location for the week before the game. This was the only place for Bronco Fans to hang out together in the huge metro area.
All this was done without sponsorship or compensation.
Rocky the Colorado Leprechaun was voted:
- Broncos Fan of the Week 2013 - KMGH TV Channel 7
- Mile High Hero Spring 2000 - American Red Cross Mile High Chapter
- Best Local Comedian during the Rocky Mountain News 1995 Readers Poll
- Best Sports Mascot - Westwords's Best of Denver Readers Choice 1999
- Best Local Comedian during the Rocky Mountain News 1995 Readers Poll.
- People to Watch - Denver Magazine 1986
Since 1982 this lucky leprechaun has been leading cheers as the fan mascot at all Denver Bronco "Twice World Champion" games in Mile High Stadium. With cheers like GO BRONCOS!, DEFENSE, and the WAVE, the fans have been started and stopped by this little pointed ear cheerleader. Rocky the Leprechaun has defined the word - BRONCOMANIA.
With all this interaction and video clips on TV (Monday Night Football, Behind the NFL, Broncomania Videos, Wacky World of Sports), the NFL highlights and 5 super bowl visits; Rocky's visibility and entertainment have reached a world wide level.
Sporting Event Entertainment
Enjoy the cheering crowds with the noise sparked by Rocky the lucky Leprechaun. This Rebel Rouser can get the sports crowd going with cheers & wild antics.
- Small town events